Understanding, Caring For And Training Your Cat
Whether you are a “seasoned” cat owner or just beginning your journey of feline discoveries, you are in for a real treat. “Understanding, Caring For And Training Your Cat” is a must-have for all cat owners.
It’s a breakthrough book created just for cats and their owners!
This book is definitely for YOU if you really want to have a healthy, well- behaved pet. There’s more about having a cat than you may have considered and “Understanding, Caring For And Training Your Cat” is just what you need to answer those burning questions.
Here’s a “sneak peek” at what you’ll discover inside:
- What you should know BEFORE you buy a cat – A discussion on what your home situation is as well as the financial responsibility of having a cat.
- Selecting a breed of cat – There are dozens of breeds to choose from and this section will describe them for you as well as a discussion on the different colors of cats.
- How to select a cat breeder – A cat’s lifespan is normally 20 years or more, depending on the care it is given. Choosing a responsible breeder will make your cat not only healthier but live longer
- Discover how cats behave – That’s right. You will discover common cat behaviors and how and why they act as they do.
- Learn how to select the cat that is just right for you – Should it be a kitten or an adult, male or female, purebred or mixed breed. These are an important consideration before you buy your cat.
- How to create a healthy environment for your cat –
- Selecting the right cat litter – There is a wide variety of designs, styles, and features for cat litter boxes. Learn how to select the correct one for your cat. There are a variety of cat litters to choose from. Learn tips and advice about making the correct selection for your cat.
- Common cat diseases and health problems – and all about vaccinations for your cat. Which ones are critical.
- Grooming your cat – Although your feline friends groom on their own, you should still do your part in keeping your cat clean and well-groomed. Learn what the steps are inside the book.
- Training your cat to walk on a leash – In this chapter is a series of steps towards having your cat trot along beside you on his own leash.
- Selecting cat toys – Cats have the tendency to both play hard and play soft. Toys are to cats the same as toys are to dogs. Learn which are better for your purposes.
- All about diet – What is the best food for your cat?
- Training tips for cats
Getting the answers to these and other compelling questions is a must for anyone who is considering adding a cat to the family.
That’s right! You are adding a new member to your family and you really need to be prepared. Use the tips and information we offer in “Understanding, Caring For And Training Your Cat” you can be sure it will be a wonderful experience.
Be prepared. All the answers you need are available in just minutes by ordering “Understanding, Caring For And Training Your Cat!”
About The Author
Paul Brough has had many types of pets but cats are probably his favorites.
He worked in a pet store when he left school but has been selling insurance for almost ten years.
He has always been interested in writing and feels that this was the ideal subject for his first book. He did not rely on just his own experience but researched among his friends and work colleagues.
Paul hopes that this collection of advice and tips will help you and your family to have a long and happy relationship when your perfect cat adopts you.
Table of Contents
About the Author
Cats – An Overview
Cat Breeds Info
- American Bobtail
- American Curl
- American Wirehair
- American Shorthair
- British Shorthair
- Devon Rex
- Cornish Rex
- Egyptian Mau
- Exotic Shorthair
- European Burmese
- Havana Brown
- Japanese Bobtail
- Maine Coon
- Norwegian Forest Cat
- Russian Blue
- Scottish Fold
- Turkish Angora
- Turkish Van
Common Cat Colors
- Solids and Smokes
- Cats with white markings
- Pointed (Siamese) Pattern
- Tortoiseshell, Patched Tabbies, and Calicoes
Before You Buy a Cat
- Your Situation
- The Breeder
- The Cat Itself
Selecting a Cat that is Right for You
- Male or Female
- Kitten or Adult
- Behavioral Patterns
- Purebred or Mixed Breed
- Physical Appearance
Where Can You Buy a Cat?
Common Cat Behaviors Explained
- Aggressive Behavior towards People
- Attention-Seeking Behavior
- Aggression towards Other Cats
- Cats and Their Destructive Scratching
- Chewing Incidents by Cats and Kittens
- Litter Box Misuse
- Anxiety and Stress in Cats
- Compulsive Behavior by Cats
Creating a Healthy Environment for Your Cat
Common Cat Diseases and Health Problems
- Cat Diseases and Health Problems
The Vaccinations Your Cat Really Needs
Caring for Your Sick Cat
- General Instructions
Keeping Your Cat Healthy the Natural Way
Twenty Tips for Caring for Your Cat
Grooming Your Cat and Hygiene
- Regular grooming
- Nail trimming
- Essential Tips
- Additional Foods for Your Cat
Playing and Exercise
- Simple Toys That Provide Exercise for Your Cat
Housing Your Cat
Introducing Your Pets to a New Cat
Training Tips for Cats
- Essential Training Tips
How to Train Your Cat – and What Not to Do
Important Do’s of Cat Training
- Important Don’ts of Cat Training
How to Train Your Cat to Walk with a Leash
Training Your Cat to Come When Called
- Essential Tips
How to Litter Train Your Cat
- Litter Training
More Litter Box Training Tips
Stopping Your Cat from Biting
Curbing Your Cat’s Aggression
Stopping Your Cat from Eating Houseplants