3)Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4)Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5)Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
6)Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
7)Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
8)Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
9)Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
10)Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11)Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for, in the same way, they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
The Beatitudes were the first blessings taught by Jesus to his disciples.
3) Some people try to get close to God. They find it difficult to connect and relate to God even though they follow his words. The poor in spirit are those who cannot read and write, those who were born with brain defects, those who are deaf and dumb, those who are in mental institutions, etc. For the kingdom is theirs. We need to help and encourage these people. Help them to understand what the bible is saying.
4) Those of us that have a loving heart and can feel what pain Jesus went through to save us from sin will be comforted. Those of us who feel and care for other human beings and animals will be comforted by the Holy Spirit. We will feel at peace within ourselves.
5) Being meek is someone that is approachable, patient, teachable, giving, open, gentle, soft, righteous, humble, someone that will follow and live according to the bibles teaching no matter what, someone that is prepared to be poor in earthly things but rich in the spirit of God. A servant of God. Someone that does not show they are better than who they really are.
6) These are people who want to do good and the right thing in society and for people all the time. These are people who are striving for Gods word to be taken and used in the right manner. Doing the right thing all the time as God tells us to do. It means doing good even if you are persecuted for doing it. It means following your heart. Everybody on this earth knows the difference between good and bad.
7) Be merciful and forgive, and you will be shown mercy. Don’t hold a grudge, don’t be cross with anyone, don’t judge anyone. It is not our place to judge people. Only God can be the Judge. When we are merciful and forgiving the other person will be able to feel the compassion and love given by us. Remember love conquers all things bad. We need love in this world.
8) We have to strive to be pure and holy in our hearts. This is what God wants from us. We must strive to do holy deeds, pure words must only come out our mouths, pure and holy thoughts must come from within us. We need to concentrate and practice what the bible teaches us to do in our lives. How we treat our fellow man is so important for us to be able to enter into the kingdom of heaven after we die.
9) Blessed are the peacemakers of our earth. We don’t want war. Fighting amongst religions. Countries at odds with each other. People turning against one another. This is all the devil’s work. The devil is real by the way. To be a successful peacemaker we need to be backed by God and use the bible and its teachings as mediation. The bible is everyone’s manual for your path in life. So why not use its wisdom to unite the world.
10) To be persecuted for trying to do righteous deeds according to the word of God in this world is only the work of the devil. Don’t let this get you down. Do not be discouraged because God will give you the strength to rise above all of this. Carry on and do not falter with doing Gods will. As you will be rewarded in the kingdom of heaven.
11) When you are doing Gods work there will always be ignorant people that will speak bad things about you and try to put you off course. Don’t be moved by them and keep your eyes on the prize, Eternal life. We must continue to do Gods work no matter what. Do not lash back at them but pray for them. These people do not understand Gods word.
We have to fight off bad and evil every day. The devil is lurking around every corner all the time hoping to lure you off course. I speak about the devil a lot as I want everybody to be aware that he is alive and doing bad things on this earth to all types of people. Let’s do only Gods word. Let us live according to the bible and prosper in faith.